The prevalence of body piercing appears to be on the rise nowadays, but actually piercing has been a common practice for many cultures for thousands of years. Along with making a personal or fashion statement, many piercings-especially the type of historical cultures whove embraced piercing for years-have culture significance, not just visual appeal. Before you decide to have any piercings, you should weigh your choices carefully making an educated decision.
ear piercing Tunbridge wells|ear piercing Tonbridge
Tips for Safe Ear Piercing
Here are some suggestions and tips that can make your ear piercing a safer and healthier event.
* Be certain when obtaining a piercing that the person performing the piercing practices good hygiene such as wearing unused, latex gloves over freshly washed hands.
* All of the equipment should be clean and properly sterilized beforehand.
* The surroundings should meet high levels for cleanliness and hygiene.
For sanitary reasons, disposable needles are preferred for ear piercing. Non-disposable needles could be unsafe due to possible bacteria. Always verify that new, unused needles are being used for your ear piercing.
* There must be bright lighting and basic first-aid supplies available.
What type of Jewelry is the best for New Piercings?
We recommend nickel-free, 18K or 14K gold studs for the first group of earrings after getting them pierced. Never use any earrings that are silver or gold plated in ears with fresh piercings. These metals can make infections and allergy symptoms. If you have an allergic reaction to gold, you can use Teflon or nylon ear jewelry until your healing is done.
Types of Ear Piercings
There are several techniques used in piercing ones ears. In addition to the more traditional lobe piercings another aspects of an ear may also be used. Listed here are all names of ear piercing styles: Rook, Industrial, Daith, Tragus and Anti-Tragus, Helix, Conch, and Snug.
Risks Associated with Cartilage Piercing
Some ear piercings involve while using cartilage. While there are a number of interesting looks that can be experimented with it is necessary to exercise additional caution. Cartilage can be destroyed or damaged if these styles of ear piercing arent performed cautiously. Its also a good idea to be selective when choosing the jewelry that will be worn. Earrings or any other ornamentation thats too big or overweight can create additional trouble for the cartilage inside a persons ears.
Ear piercing is perhaps the most common which is a quick and relatively painless process. Though piercings are done often in society, understanding the concerns, care and risks before the procedure is wise.
Here are a few of the health problems that are associated with getting your ears pierced.
* Infections are always a possible threat. Theres a chance you could contract a small bacterial infection or you might even end up with a serious infection such as HIV or Hepatitis.
* Piercing guns cannot be thoroughly sterilized and this kind of equipment includes a higher rate of transmitting infections.
* Bleeding is another risk for everybody who is going to have ear piercing performed.
* Improper technique and lack of skill often means a higher risk of a botched piercing, including misalignment or nerve damage.
Tonbridge ear piercing
* Allergic reactions to the metal alloys that are used.
* Formation of keloid scars at the piercing site.
*Never share your earrings or ear studs with someone else. Though we love to so that you can share jewelry, sharing pierced earrings or any other body jewelry can increase your chance of getting contamination from another. Even though you cleaned your ear jewelry carefully, you may have inadvertently missed some bacteria which could cause issues.
Whenever a person has their ear lobe pierced the recovery process is rather short. The healing time is generally 6-8 weeks for an entire recovery. As fast as 2-3 weeks, many people are mostly healed from this type of ear piercing. For cartilage piercings, the recovery process takes considerably longer. It could take between 4 months to some year for the cartilage piercing to heal properly.
Preventing Infections after Ear Piercing
The most important factor would be to keep the pierced sites clean. You will find special cleaning items that can be used on these areas 3-4 times a day. You should not use rubbing alcohol or Peroxide to clean fresh ear piercings because they solutions are too drying onto the skin. Always wash your hands before touching your ears and make-up and hairspray away from the sites until theyre healed. The temporary studs need to be turned frequently without being removed from the ears so that the holes heal properly.
Signs of Infections
There are many signs that may alert you to an infection at the site of an ear piercing. Included in this are:
* Unique odor
* Itching or a Skin Rash near the Pierced Area
If you notice any of these problems it is best to visit a health care professional and ask their advice. Though the possibility of getting contamination is small, it is better not to take a risk. As infections may get worse quickly, get help as soon as possible to prevent spreading.